Saturday, December 02, 2006

Status Of Faith

Today was a dose of reality for the three of us. For today we left our home in Poas and returned to San Jose. This past week has been a time of challenge, refreshment and more than anything a time of becoming family. It started off being blessed by a fellow Canadian who owns a bed and breakfast here in Costa Rica. His name was Martin Borner and the place was Posada Mimosa. When we arrived the sun was just beginning to set below the mountains. The flowers seemed to be illuminated from an inner light and the air was moist and warm. As I looked around, the view almost brought me to the point of tears. It was a glimpse of Heaven reminding me that we are only passing through, the great treasures lie on the other side of life for those who choose them. The evening consisted of a wonderful meal, poolside, with fantastic company and conversation. It was a blessing like no other I have had. From there we journeyed to the magnificent city of Poas, where we spent the next week. To try and capture this experience in words could never do it justice. The people are so vibrant and filled with life. They embraced us as family and took us into there homes for meals and fellowship. We felt so welcomed into their community, that leaving has been quite a difficult ordeal. The youth of Poas were incredible, not for a moment did we feel like outsiders, despite the language barrier. Thinking back, I have what seems to be a lifetime of stories just from this past week. And although I do not have the time to wright them I ask you to think of truly incredible relationships in your life and cherish them. I have realized that we three are in a school of grand proportions this next year. Where we will have the opportunity to learn from so many individuals. The people here taught me the embrace of hospitality and fellowship. And that to give of self is more precious than any amount. So I ask that if your praying for us pray for unity and that we will be developed into men of Godly character. I desire to learn hospitality and to be someone who reaches out to those around me. Here are some pics of the people and scenery from this past weeks adventures. Much love and Pura Vida! Lehmann

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys... Wow! There aren't words to describe how proud I am of the three of you and how excited I am when I hear of the ways that God is radically transforming your lives! You three are always in my prayers. Thank you for the specific prayer requests - I will definetely pray those things over your lives. I miss you guys more than you'll ever know! God Bless as you travel again in these next couple of days. You three are being an incredible inspiration in my life! I look forward to hearing all your stories some day.
Love Kendall

Anonymous said...

You three are such a blessing. What you are doing will speak into so many lives in the years to come. I pray that each one of you will grow into the men that God has called you to become.
May your journey continue to be safe.
With prayers and blessings,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hi Boys!

We wanted to wish Daniel a happy birthday for December 4th. We hope that you have a little time to enjoy yourself today especially!

(P.S. Mom says be careful about those pictures with the girls in bikinis; people might not believe you're on a Faith Journey). :)

With love the whole Wiebe clan,

Mom, Dad, Andy, Angie, Jon, Purdy, Becky, and Kegan!

Anonymous said...

Man I am so proud of you guys. I love that your faith is so good, and that it is being answered through the relationships you are developing there, as well as with one another. Keep at it, and keep pressing into His heart...Dan, you have a wonderful girl who cares for you deeply...cherish her, and watch for the fruit when you return, as this may be tough (for you and Kenton) you will become stronger, and with strength comes the endurance, which will add to your character, and enrich your life. I Love You Guys!

Anonymous said...

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21
You guys inspire me so much! You are all on fire for God, and have a deep passion to be with Him! It is encouraging for me in my faith and my walk to keep digging deeper! I miss you all so much, and my prayers are with you! You all have blessed me more than I can tell you! I pray that God will continue to mold you, and help you grow in godly character- together. Daniel- have a great birthday! don't forget a birthday isn't the same without the birthday bumps!:) haha. I love you guys, have a great day.
Love Kalena