Monday, December 18, 2006

Seeing Snow

It was late last night that we three passed through the Andes Mountain range. It was a long and cold bus ride, something that we did not anticipate. But as the sun arose over the great peaks I saw my first snow of the season. It was illuminated brilliantly by the sun and reminded me of home and the deep snow that has engulfed our farm over this past month. Since leaving Quito we have been blessed abundantly in our travels. We had the oppourtunity to meet four other travellers that spoke english and who were wandering down the same path as us for a brief time. They were incredible people and encouraged our spirits greatly. There is something about good conversation that can just transform a 35 hour bus trip into a highlight. Along with these amazing new friends we have also been able to see much of the unique country side that is solely Peru. From Ecuador to Peru the landscape has changed in drastic ways. Ecuador was a magnificent view of mountains and thick vegetation. But it was almost as if a line had been drawn between the two countries. Peru´s coast was an absolute desert. A place filled with massive dunes and rock. And then along the road small communities of people who have carved an existense out of the barren wasteland. In Lima we stayed with our friends in a nice little hostal close to the ocean. There we had an oppourtunity to surf and hang out with some of the locals. From Lima we ventured out to a small oasis town in the middle of the desert called Huacachina. It was there that we got to try some sand boarding on the dunes of Peru and also cruise around in dune buggies. We are slowly learning that no matter what the sign advertises it is rarely that which you expect. Prices and times are constantly adjusted to whatever the sign is not saying. So with only one more long bus ride ahead of us we are all sitting and waiting here in La Paz with anticipation. Please pray for patience as many things on this journey have seemed to get lost in translation with the locals. Also pray for our time in Santa Cruz with Ken Switzer, that we can be a huge blessing and encouragement to his ministry. Lehmann

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sounds like you are all having fun doing what God has put in your hearts.
Hope to see more pictures soon.

Anonymous said...

Hello Boys! I was thinking about the three of you. It has been awhile since I've read your blogs. Such an amazing journey that you are on. Will continue to uphold you before the Lord. The pictures you post are amazing. Thanks for being faithful to keeping in touch. I've heard of a few phone calls home, and I know that they mean a lot. Many blessings to each of you. Felize Navidad! DeAnne

Anonymous said...

Hey there Dan. Matt made a dvd of this past semester and we watched it at lunch. It had videos of you in it! It reminded me of how much I miss you! I miss you a lot! I hope you three are doing great! God bless!
Love ya, Lyndsie

Anonymous said...

Guys, your experiences sound amazing and I am so pleased that God is taking your hearts and grabbing ahold of your lives in ways you never dreamed possible. This year is going to be such a growing year for the three of you. This is only the beginning !!!

Bless you,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

How on God's fabulous green earth do you guys know Ken Switzer??? He has been my Pastor going on 15 years now!!! Tell him you know Kate Kading. He is the most amazing guy. He helped lead me to the Lord and has such a serving heart. Tell him I miss him! We are praying for you all. Have fun and God be with you as you touch so many lives. Have FUN!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys. This is Daniel from the mooselake gosspil camp. how are you guys doing? Sounds like God is Doing some amazing things. I hope God continues to bless you guys.

Anonymous said...

Boys, I hope you get the emails I sent you. To my two brothers all the way on the other side of the world, I miss you more than you know, I cry as I write, my Jada misses you too. Christmas won't be the same without you but I know God is bigger than me (who would've thunk) and He has far bigger plans than I can ever imagine. I pray that you will be a huge blessing to those around you and that you will be blessed and encouraged also. Be good to eachother out there, I pray for unity among the three of you. I love you boys so much!
God Bless
Keli

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys, I read your blog and I'm praying for you - for safety and for God's guidance in your life.
Love, Joyce Adrian

Anonymous said...

Our God is an awesome God....the way he can make things fall into place when you are in the ccenter of his will!!
I read today "Wise men still seek Jesus." I pray that the Lord will help you find those who are seeking and help you to show them the way. Walk humbly with our God. Lots of love and prayers, Mom K.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, missing you lots!!! Your always in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that the Lord would continue to bless your experiences and that your hands and feet will be His extended!

Lots of love...

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, missing you lots over here!! Your always in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that God would continue to bless your experiences and that your hands and feet would be His extended!

Lots of love....

Anonymous said...

Missing you guys so much(as usual). I check your blog every day...ok, several times a day. I'm always so anxious to hear more stories. Wishing you were here this Christmas. Thinking about and praying for you all. Love you guys.
Kendall