Friday, January 26, 2007

Soul Trek

Life over the past number of weeks has been a journey of distance and of the soul. In Bolivia we had many adventures of going 4x4ing and getting stuck in the jungle, taking a group of kids to the zoo in Santa Cruz and building great friendships. But for me it was travelling from Bolivia to Los Angeles that really made me think and realize many things about life and the culture of Central and South America and also the culture of North America. In South America we live in a mentality of orphan children, it’s a place where many have no father to look up to and have been abandoned to the streets or abusive homes. The country of Bolivia has so much beauty that is hidden behind a veil of poverty and oppression. And these things people think can be solved with money and economic development. But then when I return to the United States I see a different view. It is a country of beauty hidden behind a materialistic and shallow mask. A country that has the money and a developed economy. But what they lack is the same as those that reside to the South of them. It is a lack of love and acceptance. We all feel the insecurity of being vulnerable and therefore we put masks over our true selves. Whether it comes across as a tough street kid who will never let himself cry or as a man driving a new Bentley and only thinking of himself and his world. Maybe we all try to hide behind a mask of some sort to protect our true self. When what we need is to open up and be vulnerable to the only person that can save us from ourselves. I am really not sure of the answers but I know that I want to make a difference in people’s lives. I want to love people unconditionally just as I am loved and who knows maybe it will rub off and create a chain reaction where we all begin to let our true beauty hang out. Hey I also want to just give a big shout out to Ken Switzer our friend and great host, also to Jake and Dorothy for the great home cooked meal and last but not least our family in the United States the Trosts, thanks for the short but so sweet fellowship while we passed through and also to Jackie and Danny, thanks for putting up with all of our antics! Much love, Lehmann.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kenton, Jordan and Daniel. I hear Brent K. talking about your trip every now and then so I thought I'd catch up by reading up on your travels. Wow! You've had some amazing experiences! I'm sure you've seen the 'hand of God' many times. Kenton, your mom told me about your dream - very cool. We'll continue to be those angels praying for your safety and experiences that will mold you for serving Him in the future! Blessings, Darryl Neudorf

doxasky said...

Your hearts, your lives are beautiful. You guys are amazing. I am blessed reading about your days, and I am drawn to pray for you. Thank you for continuing your World Faith Tour. I pray that you guys would keep your knees to the ground, your faces to the Lord, and your hearts reaching out to the hearts of others. Be blessed my brothers. Love in Christ, Sylvia.

Cass said...

hey guys its chow-man!
i really miss you guys alot and i know fact that you miss me!!hehehe
anyways, love you guys and thanks for the updates on your sight!
hey dan check your email i wrote you the three of you something!
be blessed
chowie

Kalena said...

As I was reading through the book of Daniel, I thought of you guys. Daniel 3 talks about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego- 3 men that whatever the circumstances, had faith and loved God. You guys encourage me so much- You are men of faith! I pray that as you continue on your journey, may God go before you as your shield of protection! Be blessed! I miss you all so much!! Love Kalena

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys....Just remembering the good times we had in LA. I totally miss you tons ~I'm gonna spend some time praying for you tonight. Hope things are going well with everything from billets-to-pooping:) Love you lot's...Renée