Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Dream

Have you ever had one of those moments where you have to keep pinching yourself because you could swear that you were inside one of your dreams. These last 2 months I have seen things I never imagined and found myself in some pretty amazing situations that I will always look back on with a large smile but this past weekend for me was a completely different story. I was literally inside one the dreams that I kept having. Tears fill my eyes sometimes when I think of the people in my life. I have heard the saying that a true friend is someone willing to lay down their life down for another but how often does that really happen, I mean really we throw that off like some distant ideology of a friend but when it comes down to it many of us are not willing to take the worst seat in a car for a friend. However I do have a friend who takes this to a whole new level. Sacrifice describes him in so many ways. He has done something for me that I never thought possible. He may never understand how much it meant to me and I have no way of telling him. I would say this. When God puts amazing people in your life, don’t look over their shoulder but cherish them, sometimes the people we idealize are right in front of us. I had the best weekend in my life! We had a great breakfast with the Trosts on our way through Orlando before spending the weekend in LA with Jordan's really cool cousins. Our plane ride to L.A. was the longest one I have ever taken not in literal time but in mental time. I found myself 30,000 feet up in air and shaking uncontrollably, my hands sweating, and my heart taking the liberty of beating double time. I don’t know if I have ever been that excited in my life, and I must say that I get excited often. We landed and I found myself in the arms of a beautiful young woman, My very lovely girlfriend Kendall, Yep its true, at least I think it was cause I pinched myself enough that I still feel it. Walking the streets of Los Angeles and running our toes through the sand of Santa Monica beach was a memory sure to stick in my mind. Renee and Kendall flew down to meet us for the weekend and what a refreshing, heart wrenching weekend it was. Talk about being in the moment of your wildest dreams and that was it! Words do not do any justice to say how much I appreciate the people in my life and the sacrifice some of them make. So Nigel here's to you, I couldn’t ask for a more true friend and Renee you rock any time you want to swim in sub degree ocean water I am by your side and I must tell the world that I have the best girlfriend in the world She is the most beautiful, sensitive and understanding person that I know and the whole world ought to know it, So thanks Kendall. What I am trying to say is I am a blessed man. I don’t deserve any of this and yet I have a heavenly father who delights in giving good gifts to His children, He Loves to do things like this and smile down on His kids. I am finding that the more we make ourselves vulnerable to our God He does things like this that really blow a person away and question the reality of their existence. In moments such as this past weekend I have to really question dreams vs reality and how phenomenal it is when the 2 become one in the same.
Daniel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This last blog was posted by me Matt, I help them run the site, they said they are having trouble's right now and will have a picture up soon. -on behalf of world faith tour, Dan, Kenton & Jordan.

Mrs. G said...

Well I just finally got caught up on all your journey news. Nairn has been following your journey since you left. What an adventure. God is moving in a mighty way upon the three of you and I can not wait to hear more of your many memories in the making. I felt very honored to be part of the prayer time at the airport, that was totally a God thing. We keep you in our prayers and know that God is directing your path minute to minute. Bless you three men of God.

Anonymous said...

Aw sweetie, you are just too good to me. I had the time of my life in L.A., an experience that I will cherish for the rest of my life. I miss all three of you even more now than ever. Saying goodbye for the second time was definetely hard. I'm praying for you guys. I'm sooooo proud of the three of you. I can see God working in your lives and it really encourages me. I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. God is so good. Kalena and I continue to chat as often as we can - we miss all three of you so much!
"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen." (Hebrews 13: 20-21)
Love Kendall