Tuesday, July 10, 2007

We find ourselves walking ancient streets once again. Istanbul Turkey is a city of fascinating history. Once known as Constantanople this city was taken over by Islamic rule hundreds of years ago and the result is a country devoted to the god of Islam. Here Islam is most definitely prominent as Mosque's fill the landscape in every direction possible. I am glad to be in Turkey though and I am expecting great things of this country. Though I see the face Islam everywhere I am confident that the workings of a faithful loving
father God is moving in this country. We still have no idea our purpose here or where we will go or how long we will stay but I know a God who knows all those details and in His good time we will also know. I remember a morning a long while back walking the streets of Eston in a thick fog early one morning and I was asking God to know my future, I wanted Him to just tell me what I would do and I heard the voice of God so clearly that morning tell me "look down the road, you can see less than a block but its all you need to see because as you walk you will see more, that's your future. You don't need to know what is farther down the road, I know what's beyond the fog and I will show you what you need to see. Just keep walking" It was a moment of revelation in my life and something I have to really obey these days. We all trust that God has been leading our journey from the beginning but sometimes sitting in these moments its a lot harder than telling the story after the fact. So as the Lord leads us we will continue on in hopes of meeting people and seeing the fascinating history of this land. Daniel

1 comment:

Kelly said...

We are praying for you boys - for safety and for wisdom and guidance. WE are excited for what God is doing in and through you, we also want you to come home soon - we miss you!!