Friday, July 27, 2007

Expectation

There are moments in life where we all question why, we all wonder, and we all strive in vain, wishing it could be some other way. Expectations in life can be a dangerous thing, as can dreams but without them what would life be but a mere day with a sun up and a sun gone down. I am not satisfied with a life without dreams with a life of no hope or no expectations of a faithful God. To hope and believe in a faithful God is a vulnerable thing but one without disappointment. To expect things from God...well we must, it is our act of faith to expect that God will pull through for us but we some how miss the point when our expectations fulfill our own gain. I feel stupid time and time again when I have to realize that the God of heaven who made the universe obviously knows better than I do. When things don't happen as I expect them to I can know that God is doing better things, but at the time my heart is only filled with these selfish questions, why can't it be my way? To let go for a guy like me...not easy. To trust...I fight it. To believe that God has something better in store...I must. True expectation of a faithful God is not about how He can fulfill my dreams but how I can fulfill His. About how my life becomes one with the desires of God, and before I know it I am walking in His footsteps. I guess that is what faith is really about isn't it? Coming in line with the Divine and perfect will of a perfect God? Well my faith has certainly been stretched these past weeks to open my eyes and see the movements of a faithful God. I have certainly had to let go these days and trust that the things God has in store for my life are far better than the things that I could wish for in my life. Tonight I get on a plane for Africa, by tomorrow at this time I will be standing in a war torn land of poverty and need. I expect God to do amazing things there and I know already that it is not how I could imagine it but only as He wants it. May this same faithful God lead my steps there as He has here. Daniel

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Praying for you Dan, that God would reveal His will - His plan and give you peace.