Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Speechless

I am speechless daily over the kids that surround us. Yesterday I stood under the shade of a tree and preached about love to a crowd of Blue as they sat on the grass and listened. At one point I wanted to hide behind my translator Georges just to hid the fighting tears as I talked about my love for money. Most of these kids have no understanding about the god of money for they have probably never owned any of their own. I asked them to pray for me and to pray for my country for I dont think I will ever understand simple faith the way that people here in Rwanda understand it. I find myself daily learning from these kids as I see pure joy on their faces. I hope and pray that God will break my heart for these people and for the people that God has put in my life at home. God's love for us is more pure than anything we will ever understand and all He asks of us is to love Him back. I guess in these past weeks that is the message that I have been preaching. These kids have been incredible, as I was speaking about love to them and how much God wants us to love Him and to love each other they began to put their arms around each other. Again I needed to fight back the tears. My best memory of this camp was watching the biggest smiles you could imagine as kids went shooting down the slip n' slide that we set up leading into the lake. Everyday I embrace smiles of children experiencing true joy. I learn so much from these kids and am daily challenged in my life. I know that God has good things in store for this camp and for the people of Rwanda. A couple of days after we arrived our main camp leader and translator Betty told me that weeks previous to our arrival she had been praying for a camp In Gahini and even called all the people she knew trying to organize one. only days before we arrived had she given up on the idea of having a camp for the youth here in Gahini. God knows our hearts, He knows His children and the more we seek Him the more He will put us where He wants us to be whether thats in a job or traveling or school or even living in a foreign land. When we let God's love overtake our lives and lead our steps we are left speechless. -Daniel

1 comment:

DeAnne said...

Hi Boys! Know that we are praying for ya'll! I trust that God is teaching each one of you, providing for your individual needs, and protecting you on so many different levels. I pray that He will continue to do this, and I pray that you will finish strong. Blessings to each one of you!
DeAnne
P.S. Just to make you a little homesick...it snowed today!!