Friday, February 16, 2007

One step at a time

Landing into Australia was almost like coming home, I say almost cause it is plus 35 instead of -35. Everywhere we turned we could hear English, it was a beautiful sound. The streets are paved everywhere we can communicate with everyone and they even have real Nacho's. Yes coming to Australia has been a very nice breather. Before arrival we all really felt like God had something in store for aussie so we didn't make any calls except to the legendary Cortez who has been our fourth traveller for the past 2 weeks. After meeting Curtis in Sydney we rented a car and went inland where we found ourselves picking pumpkins in the 36 degree sun. It was less than exciting but more than boring and we payed for our time here in aussie. We hit the North Coast and found ourselves in a town called Byron bay not knowing a soul, where to go or what to do. This is where the one step at a time comes in. I have found that it is in the moments of complete availability that we really see the divine hand of God in our lives. And when we step out He is more than faithful. We found out there was a YWAM base here and so showed up after many wrong turns we were welcomed with open arms and have had a blast with them ever since. We also found ourselves in a little church called the surfside church, upon the first 10 minutes of arrival Pastor Sid asked if we would do the service on Sunday morning. So here we are I still have to try to think of how in the world we got here. I remember the 3 of us prayed one night in Tahiti and God giving us such a peace that He had something in Store for Australia and that He had people there that He wanted us to meet. Everyday we are meeting new people and sharing our faith and the stories of our lives. YWAM does some awesome things. We did a free BBQ yesterday and leave right away to do another. God is moving in Australia and we are delighted to be a part of it for this short time. Dan

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello lovelies!!

Sarah and myself were reading the blog discussing how much we love you guys. It's great to hear things are going well. I'm home from the west coast and already missing Vancouver. I love the pics. Say hello to kardash for me.

Love you All, big hugs.
Alieka

Tracy said...

It is so good to hear that you guys are following your hearts and following where God is leading you. All three of you have become an inspiration to so many people including myself.
I pray that as you continue on this journey you will never turn a deaf ear towards God, I pray that God's hand will be upon your lives as you travel and meet new and interesting people.
We all miss you here in Eston!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! I love yall and get so encouraged by seeing God work through all of you. You guys bless more people than you will ever know. It's obvious that good ole' St. Cloud has also been blessed by you guys, you have touched so many people's lives here, including mine and I'm not just saying all this, I really mean it. I'm praying for yall and miss you guys.
Love from Florida,
Brittany

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys lots and lots. I'll be praying for safety and provision as you travel to Indonesia. I'm excited to hear where God will place you when you are there and to hear the stories of the people you are going to meet and the things you will experience. Be blessed guys. You all mean so much to me. I'm proud of you.
Kendall