Monday, February 19, 2007

Meeting Mick Dundee

The three weeks in Australia is coming to an end. It has been a fascinating time of meeting amazing people that have blessed us immensely. I have found that coming to Byron Bay has led me into a time of rejuvenation. I have been inspired to dream and think of fresh new ideas for my life and for the future. There is a brilliance to this little surf community that inspires the soul and makes ones spirit jump to life. A big part of this inspiration is just the accepting people here. They have reached out to us so much and just made us feel at home. And truly it has been not like just visiting, but instead a place where we could be ourselves a true home filled with family. We have discovered so many individuals that just on a day to day basis go out of there way to demonstrate their faith in practical ways. Whether that is taking a hitch hiker the extra five miles, or just taking the time to listen to how someone is feeling in any particular moment. I have drank deep of this unique culture, the surf, the BBQ's and the people, and that has left a permanent mark upon my character. Lehmann

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing culture. Wish there a place like that in Washington. Too bad your time is coming to end there, from the blogs you guys have posted it sounds like a great place. God bless the three of you where ever God takes you next on this journey.

-Laci

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about you guys this week as I was snowboarding at Panorama, Kicking Horse and Kimberley for so-called "reading" week. I was constantly reminded of our trips from last year (especially since I still have an enormous gouge in my board from the lack of snow at nakiska) This year there's an insane amount of powder, so i didnt have to worry about rocks. The conditions were amazing, and the scenery was absolutely breathtaking... except i didn't have Dan to smash his face on a rail, Jordan to be adamant about hiking all morning for an extra 3 seconds of riding, or Kenton to harass me on the drive home.. so it wasn't quite the same... I miss you guys and I hope we can make more memories when you return and adjust to this frigid climate (your surf pictures are making me jealous) Be excited about your adventures and remember that you guys will forever be imprinted on memories back home.
:) -kim- :)

Anonymous said...

Flaman's are so amazed with the
extent of your travels to the awe
of your experiences...you all rock,
but keep in mind who your solid
rock really is 2 Samuel 22:2-3
Love to you all