Sunday, October 19, 2008

And we're BACK IN THE GAME!!!!

Well I am still pinching myself in the reality that almost a year has gone by since we returned home after our world faith tour. As I pulled my backpack out of the closet and brushed all the dust off to put it to use once again I just had to shake my head. I dont know if I have even looked at that pack since november of last year. Ya maybe it sounds weird to you to dwell so richly over my back pack but you gotta understand that for a world traveller my back pack is like my best friend. he goes everywhere with me. At times he's a burden to carry but he always delivers great prizes like...clean underwear, and socks. well hopfully clean anyway. So I filled her up with all I thought I needed and now we are off. Only a week ago I can recall sitting in the truck at work with the guys, looking at our unfinished house and shaking my head saying "guys, how in the world are we going to do this." At the time we had about 3000 dollars in our budget for the camp and a house that needing the outside to be finished. Now here I am sitting at the computer with my flight only hours away with over $15,000 in our camp budget and a house that's pretty much done on the outside (sorry Daryl, have fun!). People keep telling me that I must be so excited and I just smile and nod and say "ya...excited...I guess" yes I am excited but I suppose its a different kind of excitement. its different than the excitement of going to disneyworld, its kinda like the excitement of swimming with dolphins (cause all of us know what that is like) your excited but nerveous cause anything could happen. so we covet your prayers today and for the next weeks. We have high hopes for this camp and believe that God is going to do amazing things. blessing everyone and we will do our best to keep up posted. please reply if you can commit to praying for us everyday, we would really really love that. Dan

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well boys, you're off again and we are sad to see you go, but so happy for you and proud of the work that you do.
We will miss you but will keep you in our prayers.
See you in the new year!
Love,
Andy & Angie

Anonymous said...

Wow! So hard to believe how fast it has come, but it is so exciting as well! I can't wait to meet up with you guys and experience a new culture, and see what God has in store! Be protected and blessed by prayers, thoughts, and encouragement. I'm thinking of you guys lots, and I will see you soon. :)
Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!

I hope you are having great adventures! and spreading the Good News with all those you meet. I'm praying for you guys, if there are prayer requests make sure to send them this way.
Be Blessed!
Andrea
P.S. I can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

I think that we as parents will be praying for you far more than once a day. I like the way my Aunt Anne F. said it to me, "I will pray for you whenever the Lord lays you upon my heart!" That definitely goes for us too! Love, Mom and Dad K

Kelly said...

So, have you made it yet? Seems like the only people being informed back here in Canada are the girlfriends ... what gives??
We will be praying for you always and hope you come home healthy, happy and ubundantly blessed as you will have had the opportunity to bless others! We love you heaps.
Darren
Kelly
Jada
Kaela
Bree

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

Just wanted to get intouch with you guys and say we are praying for you guys. We wanted to pray and send you guys off but ran out of time. But we are in saskatoon, believing for big things to happen, things that are bigger than kenton, jordan and daniel. For the power of God to be released in these kids life. I encourage you guys, step out and pray for those healings, miracles, inparation of the holy spirit. The best thing you can do is fulfill the spiritual needs and longings of these kids. This is something i have just been learning.. how many kids see angels, and how many kids can prophecy. So awaken and stir up those gifts, you guys have it in you, cuz the holy spirit is alive.. let him be active.

LOVE YOU GUYS.. dave and i are praying and if we feel God say anything what is the best way to contact. We would like to keep in touch.

Heaps of blessings...
Dave and Kara Belgrave.

Anonymous said...

Hey
I like that you guys keep us all updated with your blog!! Im excited that you guys are back in Africa.
One question, What exactly do you mean by "back in the game?" What aspect of this trip is a game? What do you mean exactly?
you're in my prayers
-Lyndsie B

Anonymous said...

I as well am confused by what aspect of this trip is considered a game. What are you getting 'back into' that was absent from your lives this past year? Are your lives being lived differently now?

Also, it would be helpful (for those who are praying, and those who have contributed financially) if you guys could explain your purpose for this trip, as well as your intentions. Do you see greater need in Rwanda than here? Are you fulfilling your desires for adventure? Is the money going towards a project that is sustainable? What is it that has attracted you to Rwanda?

I will keep praying for you guys... but knowing more about the trip would be awesome. If you could remember to pray for the pain and poverty here in Canada too, I would really appreciate it. Remember, traveling is a privilege, not necessarily a higher calling. Many people, including myself, do not have the financial means to simply take off when they are consumed with life. Clearly, many people think you are worthy of this privilege (hence the $15,000) Make sure they are aware of your intentions.

I am somewhat jealous. I love traveling, culture, and adventure. But thankfully I am learning about how difficult it is to serve God through commitment, consistency, and contemplation...in every day life... in the mundane..

I fear we are idolizing adventure. I also fear we equate ‘obedience’ and ‘righteousness’ with ‘extreme’ and ‘overseas’. But I am also making assumptions...because I don’t know your intentions...

luv Kim R